Beating the Heat Inside and Outside. The heat of the summer season is in full force this month. With all-day high temperatures, and fewer rain showers, it gets harder to keep your cool. But there are a few tried-and-true methods to help you stay cooler this summer.
Cooling Your Home Outside:
- Attach an oscillating fan at eye level angled down to move the air and keep you cool.
- Use a combination fan/mister to spray cool mist while you relax outside on your patio.
- Add an extra patio umbrella to your porch or patio. It’s always cooler in the shade.
- Install a shade structure, pergola or awning outdoors in the areas where you spend the most time.
- Create natural shade and drop the temperature in your yard with trees, hedges and taller plants.
- Add an outdoor rug to your hot cement patio to cool down the surface.
Cooling Your Home Inside:
- Set ceiling fans to spin counterclockwise to keep cooler air flowing down.
- A de-humidifier in your home will suck all the moisture out of the air inside your home making it feel cooler.
- Add screens, curtains and shades to your windows and keep them closed during the heat of the day.
- Save big appliance use for after dark: dishwashers, ovens and dryers will all heat up the area that they are in, making your home less pleasant in the heat of the day.
- Close off rooms that you are not using, and close the vents as well. Contact Realtor Tony Ciancanelli at tonyciancanelli.com