Your August Home Maintenance Checklist. Try these 10 easy home maintenance chores to prepare your home for fall. Proper, on-going maintenance in your home means everything will last longer and needs fewer repairs.
- Power wash your home’s exterior including the sidewalks, steps and driveway.
- Give your outside air-conditioning unit a good scrub while it is off.
- Look for cracks in your patio, porch and driveway cement and fill them.
- Check wooden decks and fences for missing boards and loose nails. Replace rotting wood.
- Clean gutters to get them in working order for fall leaves and rain storms.
- Clean out dryer lint traps: both the one in the dryer itself (ideally clean this one after every load) and the one outside your home.
- Change the filter in your HVAC/Heating system, preparing it for efficient heating.
- Clean the blades of your ceiling fans on both sides.
- Check on the integrity of all your windows, applying caulk sealant to cracks between the window glass and frame.
- Clean out your refrigerator: wipe down shelves and drawers, vacuum the condenser coils on the back, and clean underneath the refrigerator too.
Before school starts in a few weeks (or days) take some time to knock out a few easy home maintenance items and stay ahead of the back-to-school chaos. Your kids can even help on some of them, so make it a family activity! Contact Realtor Tony Ciancanelli at tonyciancanelli.com